Friday, March 7, 2014

Finding joy on the sad days.

Okay first of all I have to say that something really cool happened this week- I was at work at the gym working at the front desk when one of the cheer moms I know says "Marly I read your blog" and I was like WHAAAAAAAT omg I didn't think anyone did! So shoutout to you. Also, My best friend made a blog because she thought it was cool that I have been writing on my blog so much lately. So kudos guys.

Okay aside from that little tidbit lets talk about things that make us sad.

I'm joking, lets please NOTTTTT talk about that. Let me tell you about my week though which was full of sad things. Here is how my agenda ended up playing out.

Monday-
--Say goodbye to someone about to go on a mission.
-- Car breaks down
Tuesday-
--Get hit in the face at practice
Wednesday-
--wake up with huge black eye
--Find out car is gonna cost $500 to fix
--Run into a bed frame and cut the crap out of your ankle
Thursday-
--pay for car repair
--Late to work because the 60 was down to one lane RIGHT BY MY HOUSE.
Friday-
--Okay so today wasn't actually that bad it was pretty okay.

So the whole week one thing after another kept piling on top of me. I felt so out of it and so in a funk the whole week. I knew this week would be bad enough with my friend leaving on a mission but seriously???? Why was THIS the week that everything else had to happen??? I was upset, felt like I was in a funk and all of that put together made me miss my friend even more. BUT I MADE A DECISION!

I WILL NOT BE SAD. I WILL NOT LET EVENTS DICTATE HOW I FEEL.

So, I decided to find the little things that I had to be grateful for this week and instead of thinking about getting rid of the bad things I just focused on magnifying the good things.

1. I didn't get to sleep in my comfy bed, but on a mattress in my dads at home office.
BUT I got to hang out with my parents and siblings at their house for a few days and that was a blessing because I wasn't alone to be sad about my friend leaving. I had constant comfort all around me.
2. I didn't have a car to take me to school.
BUT Tina gave me a ride to school Thursday and we got to go out to breakfast and have a good conversation about everything which is something we haven't done in a long time. I love her and our conversations about life.
3. I got a black eye.
BUT I wasn't hurt, it was just an ugly mark that I didn't really care about that much. And I had the opportunity to look kind of tough.
4. I had to pay a load of cash for my car.
BUT I was able to feel more confident in my finances knowing I could take care of problems like this because I hadn't wasted my money on silly things and rather I saved it and kept it there for emergencies. (I feel really good about this one!)
5. I was late to work on Thursday.
BUT I had also left a little later than usual. If I would've left at the regular time I could've been the one in the accident that had caused the 60 to basically shut down. I was blessed to be far away when it happened.

I don't believe that things happen just to piss us off. As frustrated as I get about things I know that God believes in me enough to give me hard trials to remind me how much he believes in me. I love my Savior and the wonderful and mysterious ways he reminds me that he has got everything under control.

SO, next time you feel like the sky is just raining down on you, look for the happiness in the bad and the blessings in the sad.

Love, The Cat Lady

Here's my black eye from this week. I love it.

No comments: